Fall 2017 MLA Advocacy Training - Edmonton
Our goal is to work with our members and support them meeting with MLAs across the province and across all parties to discuss 3 priority areas:
- Adding universal prescription drug coverage to our health care system
- Continuing to build a minimum 2,000 public long-term care beds and improve regulations
- Ensuring the Canada Health Act is not being violated by queue jumping and user fees at private clinics
We will provide information on these areas, as well as discuss best practices in setting up and holding meetings with your MLA.
We will then work with you to set up meetings and connect you with other Friends of Medicare members in your area.
Last fall we worked with our members to discuss 3 priority areas with their MLA:
- Banning the sale of plasma
- Building public long-term care
- Ensuring the 2017 Budget for Health contained a minimum of increases to cover population growth and inflation
We have seen action from our government on all 3 issues thanks to your support last year. Together we can continue to see improvements in Alberta and Canada's health care system!
You must RSVP if you plan to attend. Space is limited and our staff need to prepare materials ahead of time. Thank you!
18410 100 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5T6G1
Google map and directions