Canada is the only country with a universal public health care system that does not cover prescription drugs.
It is time for that to change!
Join us in Edmonton as we discuss why universal coverage for prescription medication is needed and what we can do to accomplish this together, both nationally, and in Alberta.
We have amazing academics and activists from around the country speaking:
- Adrienne Silnicki, National Coordinator of the Canadian Health Coalition.
- Elizabeth Kwan, Senior Researcher with the Canadian Labour Congress.
- Sharon Batt of Independent Voices for Safe and Effective Drugs (IVSED), a group formed in 2016 to provide consumer views on drug policy.
- Michele Evans, Assistant Deputy Minister, Pharmaceutical and Supplementary Benefits Division in the Ministry of Health.
- Julie White with the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada.
Please fill it out and return to us by September 21 so that we can notify the venue of attendance numbers.
11727 Kingsway NW
St. Michael Room
Edmonton, AB T5G3A1
Google map and directions