#nopaidplasma Tour Across Alberta September 12 - 16
Join Friends of Medicare and BloodWatch.org this fall as we hit the road to promote a safe and supported blood and plasma system.
Events run September 12 - 16 in the following cities:
- Monday, September 12 - Lethbridge. Facebook event here.
- Tuesday, September 13 - Medicine Hat. Facebook event here.
- Wednesday, September 14 - Calgary. Facebook event here.
- Thursday, September 15 - Edmonton. Facebook event here.
- Friday, September 16 - Red Deer. Facebook event here.
All events are free and open to the public. Doors open at 6:45 with the event starting at 7 pm.
Kat Lanteigne of BloodWatch.org whose advocacy efforts helped push the Ontario government to pass a law with support of all parties to ban paid clinics there.
Sandra Azocar of Friends of Medicare who will talk about the Alberta context where some politicians are in favour of the clinics moving here.
We will talk about ongoing efforts to introduce private pay-for-plasma donation clinics in Canada and how they relate to the tainted blood scandal of the 1980s.
After the discussion there will be an opportunity for Q&A and information on how you can join the campaign to secure the integrity of a voluntary donation system where profit and payment do not put our supply at risk.