More Private Care is the Wrong Prescription for MRIs
The recent stories on MRI in Calgary raise important issues, and expose some views that are simply detached from reality.
Let's start with the facts. MRI wait times for outpatients are posted on the Alberta Wait Times website - waitimes.alberta.ca - for 3 levels: 1 urgent; 2 semi-urgent; 3 non-urgent. The latest data, for June 2016, shows the average wait in Calgary for levels 1 and 2 combined was 8 weeks, down from 9 weeks in June 2015. The wait times for urgent scans are shorter, not longer. The increase in wait times is only in non-urgent scans, where the average wait has gone up from 21 weeks a year ago to nearly 30 weeks.Read more
#nopaidplasma Tour Across Alberta September 12 - 16
Join Friends of Medicare and BloodWatch.org this fall as we hit the road to promote a safe and supported blood and plasma system.
Events run September 12 - 16 in the following cities:
- Monday, September 12 - Lethbridge. Facebook event here.
- Tuesday, September 13 - Medicine Hat. Facebook event here.
- Wednesday, September 14 - Calgary. Facebook event here.
- Thursday, September 15 - Edmonton. Facebook event here.
- Friday, September 16 - Red Deer. Facebook event here.
All events are free and open to the public. Doors open at 6:45 with the event starting at 7 pm.Read more